Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Pope Benedict XVI

I Fell asleep quite early yesterday, around 10:00 (well early at least in my definition)...

But at around 11:30pm I woke up, I actually thought that it was already a new day. But when I looked at the clock on my celphone I realized that it was still night time. I guess I woke up because of Vicky Morales' tone of excitement regarding the smoke that was coming out of the Conclave Chimney thingie, She was not sure wether the smoke was white (which would mean a new pope was elected) or black (no pope yet). And since there was no "tolling of the bell" signal yet the people were really left clueless...

So I went to the tv area and just watched the cluelessness of the people. I was watching for a good 15 minutes when suddenly the bell started moving and I heard the bell tolling. The CNN news crew suddenly got excited and started saying "We Have A New Pope" but even if we had a new pope, the question about who the pope was still remained...

So the poeple waited for the announcement. After about 20-30 minutes a cardinal emerged and anounced the name in Latin. At first he just mentioned the first name, Joseph, and with that I realized that there was one "strong" papabili which had the first name Joseph and that was Joseph Ratzinger, and after a little while the cardinal made it official and announced the last name Ratzinger. And also his chosen name Benedict XVI.

Then I just waited for the Pope's first blessing, and after it I went back to sleep...

Hmm I kinda like the name Ratzinger, does have a nice ring to it don't you think? I also like the way they called him the Panzer Cardinal ahaha. Too bad he had to change it to Benedict XVI cause I really liked the way Ratzinger sounded ahaha.

Hmm on a sidenote: If he was a basketball player and he had that name, it would be so cool ahaha... Ratzinger for three! or Ratzinger with a crossover dribble or The Panzer shoots! hehe anywayz...

On a serious note, I do hope the new pope would also be able to inspire people like the previous pope did... Although I know that it really would be a tough act to follow.

Currently Listening to:
Jaboom Twins - Sumusunod Sa Galaw

No comments: