Friday, May 28, 2004

High Muckamuck???

Went to lsgh this morning to distribute yearbooks again...

Well as usual nothing much to do but wait for students to come, so we wasted our time doing crosswords. There was this item in the crossword that was kinda long around 10 letters (could be more) with the clue being High Muckamuck. Well what the heck is a muckamuck?

Dictionary.com states that:
high muckamuck also high muckety-muck
n. Slang

An important, often overbearing person.

So the word could have been overbearing but then it's too latefor that now, hehe...

Went to cybersphere and saw that the lakers won over the timberwolves, yeah! It's now 3-1 for the lakers, i hope they really win the championship this time. Pat and I also tried to understand the different basketball plays used by the nba teams, hehe. I realize that basketball is not just about dribble and shots but include every twitch and other movements of the body of the different players all over the court.

Then Iking and I went ahead to galle to watch Shrek 2. I was kinda forgetful so I had to call up Pat, to tell him to bring the shades that I left at the table. But back to the movie, WOW! that was one heck of a movie, the movie was outrageously funny with the voice acting and all, and the parody of some of the most famoust fairy tales.

After the movie, I hooked up with Alden, James and Pat to play billiards. Hehe I had a very bad game except for that one shot using the right hand (im a leftie but the ball position then did not really enable me to use my left) that actually went in hehe...

After that we went to magoo's pizza to eat, hehe great food, expensive price though. wahaha The saleslady was kind enough to give me the shades that I left on the counter hehe. (the heck that was the second time i left that shades, doingk)

Then I hitched another ride home with James. James' Mom kindly drove me home. James and his family have really been kind to me. Not mentioning the other things that James does for me, I guess that must have been the umpteenth time that they drove me home or to ali mall. They say that it's on the way but heck its not really that close. I really wish I can repay them in some way...

Thought for the day:

One day the father of a very wealthy family took his son on a trip to the country with the firm purpose of showing his son how poor people live. They spent a couple of days and nights on the farm of what would be considered a very poor family. On their return from their trip, the father asked his son, "How was the trip?"

"It was great, Dad."
"Did you see how poor people live?" the father asked.
"Oh yes," said the son.
"So, tell me, what did you learn from the trip?" asked the father.

The son answered: "Well, I saw that we have one dog and they had four. We have a pool that reaches to the middle of our garden and they have a creek that has no end. We have imported lanterns in our garden and they have the stars at night. Our patio reaches to the front yard and they have the whole horizon. We have a small piece of land to live on and they have fields that go beyond our sight. We have servants who serve us, but they serve others. We buy our food, but they grow theirs. We have walls around our property to protect us, they are surrounded by friends."

The boy's father was speechless!
Then his son added, "Thanks dad for showing me just how poor we really are."

wealth is a matter of perspective...

No comments: